Saturday, January 21, 2012

Book Review: The Carb Lovers Diet

On Friday I told you that I was eager to make some recipes from the new New York Times bestselling cookbook from Health magazine, The Carb Lovers Diet. So far, the book has been getting rave reviews. I made three of the recipes from the book. My opinion?


I'm not a huge fan of diet books--for obvious reasons. But what I do love are books that take a realistic approach to weight loss and offer easy, yummy recipes that people can actually enjoy making. That's the case with Health magazine's new book, Carb Lovers Diet. Authors Ellen Kunes (Health's editor in chief) and Frances Largeman-Roth, R.D., the mag's food editor, put forth a doable program that promises to help you shed as little as 15 pounds or as many as 100, by offering slim-eating strategies and the recipes to get you there--many of which utilize ingredients rich in resistant starch, which some health experts say can help fight the battle of the bulge.


While I'm not trying to lose weight (after all--I'm pregnant!), I do love a healthy cookbook, and at its heart, that's what this book is. It's packed with mouth-watering recipes, and I had the chance to make several, including the two-cheese penne with roasted red pepper sauce (almost died and went to heaven):


I also tried the sweet potato pudding (I had it for breakfast--such a treat):


I'd recommend this book to anyone looking to drop some pounds, or anyone looking for healthy eating inspiration--you'll find plenty of it here.


What healthy living books are you into right now? Let's go book shopping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment