Sunday, January 15, 2012

Body Image: Are You Loving The New Long Summer Dresses That Everyone Is Wearing?

I asked you guys about whether you felt comfortable in dresses, and I admitted that I feel a little fussy in them, myself. Some of you agreed. And now, suddenly, I feel like every woman in America is sporting a long 1970's-esq ankle-length sundress this summer. Is this the new modern-day mumu? And why do I want five of them--right now?


****


There's something wonderful about slipping into a dress that is both comfortable and cool (hello air-conditioning!) on hot summer days. And, I have to admit, I kind of love the new wave of long sundresses (I think they're called "maxi dresses" but, um, I'm a teensy bit fashion challenged, so don't quote me on that) that seem to be everywhere right now. Angelina Jolie is always wearing them, BTW.


They strike me as the ultimate comfort dress--sleek and flattering without being too grandma's-mumu you know? And if you're problem area is your legs and thighs (remember our talk about cankles?), long dresses may be for you.


This dress by James Perse is so cute, and maybe a tad pricey, at $155, for a sundress. Should I splurge?


Jessica Alba was spotted wearing this super-cute turquoise number ($198 at Boutique to You). I want it.


Then there's this dress from Banana Republic for $98 that caught my eye:


What do you think of these long dresses? Do they make you feel more comfortable about your body?

0 comments:

Post a Comment