Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It Sounds Weird, But This Breakfast Idea Is Pretty Much Brilliant

You know how it's common practice to slice a banana onto your cereal or oatmeal? Well, I have another idea for a topper--but it's a veggie! Stay with me here, I promise, it's worth trying ...


****


Remember how I told you that shredded carrots are my new favorite sandwich topper? Well, I'm adding them to my granola and oatmeal these days. Hold on, I haven't lost my mind.


Carrots are naturally sweet, and they're actually a surprisingly perfect addition to granola or museli-type cereals (even oatmeal!). My family gives me oddball glances when I whip out the grater in the morning, but you'd be surprised how tasty a little carrot is in your cereal bowl. I dare you try it.


Anything to squeeze in a few more veggies, right? Would you try it?


Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment