Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Health & Beauty: The Best Vitamins for Beautiful Skin

Lately I've been looking in the mirror and grimacing over how dull and ashy my skin is looking. I'm a healthy eating pro (if I don't say so myself). So, should I blame stress? Lack of sleep? Whatever the case, I could use some topical vitamins, say some beauty experts. Here are the ones I might try, and why...


****


Taking vitamin pills and eating right can have big beautiful skin payoffs, but sometimes you need to go right to the source, say experts, with topical vitamins (aka skin creams fortified with the right vitamins for your skin ailments). Here are some top picks, according to Prevention's Karyn Repinski:


Vitamin A


Best for: wrinkle reducing


Tips: Look for it in lotions and night creams (vitamin A derivatives are also called retinoids)


Vitamin B3


Best for: hydrating skin and reducing redness


Tips: You can spot this vitamin in lotions, creams, and serums, and it's sometimes called "niacinamide" on the label.


Vitamin C


Best for: overall anti-aging


Tips: Formulas should contain at least 5 percent vitamin C to have beneficial effects.


Do you use any topical vitamin-formulated creams for your skin?

0 comments:

Post a Comment